This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2011: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005;
Online Media Contributor: theEXaminer 2007; Online Media Contributor: SB Nation 2007

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Web 2.0 Symbols and 1:1:1:1 Cuisine: If the hash tag # replaced the pound sign #, will the hash brown replace the pound cake?!!

Just pondering the entire "tag" idea. I just get a kick at how web applications (i.e. web 2.0 and such) have paved the way for a new generation of web-based word definitions. For a long time I wondered what a hash tag was and when I learned the meaning of it, it took another few days -perhaps weeks- for me to try the hash tag idea and set it in motion; it worked. I guess "thanks?" is in line for Twitter, but I am not sure yet. Sometimes tagging isn't as great as one would like to think (tomfoolery) like on Face Book (FB). Yes, FB where you may become a member and welcome others to be your friend or vice versa, but if you aren't mindful and alert via your account settings, you leave yourself wide open to all the tagging (free tagging) others may be forcing upon you; finding yourself posted all over the Net and paving the way for companies to spam all your email and such.
You keep your hash tags for now and I will keep eating my hash browns. And whatever happened to my favorite symbol the pound sign? It took so long in my lifetime to learn the significance of that when I had to make phone calls and such and the automated operator would tell me to "press the pound sign". I finally learned the usage and the definition of the pound sign without thinking of the sometimes moist but most often kind-of-dry confectionery known as pound cake; the one which requires one pound of each of four ingredients. The cake which may only be referred to as "pound cake" if the following ratio is followed 1:1:1:1 ..a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. It's kind of sexy, is it not (?) or maybe I have too much time on my hands and am kind of hungry as I sit here drinking my morning's o.j. wishing someone would make me a plate of breakfast eats. The sexiness of a pound cake to me at this moment is as sexy as champagne is when I think of the European region from which this thirst-quenching sparkling wine must derive from before it can be dubbed with the "champagne" sobriquet (nickname).
Oops...forgive me my tangent! But to be honest - I prefer a plate of hash browns right now than following someone or something on the electronic highway via a hash tag. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment